Friday 17 June 2016

Charity shop Wedding Dresses

The other week I was extolling the virtues of Charity Shops as a Wedding Dress outlet, well here is the proof of just that!  I was in Salisbury today and had time for a look in the charity shops after my dental appointment; the best place for this is Catherine Street in Salisbury as there is a large concentration of them, although there are plenty of others dotted around the city – and Fabricland too which is a bonus.  I think there are at least eight charity shops in Catherine Street that I can think of off the top of my head.


This is not the best photo I have ever taken but the sun was shining and it was a bit tricky to get a pic with no reflections with all the parked cars around.


Imagine how pleased I was to come across this lot!

The lovely member of staff on duty was very pleased for me to take photos and write this article and let me have free reign pulling some examples out to take a closer look.  I explained what I do and my views on how expensive weddings have become and we shared a bit of a discussion about it.


This smaller section is stuffed with around seven or eight Wedding Dresses, one being brand new, and some lovely Flower Girl & Bridesmaids dresses too, one of which has been lovingly and beautifully made at home by someone who is exceedingly accomplished; their rulo loops were even finer that mine.


I particularly singled out this one as it is very contemporary and I loved its simplicity and understated decoration, it would be gorgeous for a lovely summer wedding.

All these dresses are priced from around £10-£25, which in any book is a fantastic bargain, they are all in super condition and I heartily recommend that you take a look if you are in the area.

Have fun

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences.
    Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete