Tuesday 1 March 2016

Musings on a favourite Designer

Yesterday I had a first flick through Vivienne Westwood’s memoir, written with Ian Kelly and published in 2014 by Picador.  So far I have begun the introduction and had a look at all the pictures and photos.  Vivienne Westwood is one of my design heroes and I was very pleased to receive this book for Christmas.  Like Vivienne I have very strongly held views about politics, fashion (and what it can be used to say) and the current capitalist society; during this first look at the book I was delighted to find a section at the very back entitled “End Monopoly Capitalism”.  After reading it I simply cannot wait to see what else she has to say and I am delighted to relate that Ms Westwood is just as much of a firebrand as she has ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment